TNT

If you have a Tried -N- True Recipe that you would like to add. Please let me know and it can be added. I love new things to try...or for that matter I love old recipes that I have never tried before.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

I cooked! Chili verde my way



Made a chili verde using thin cut pork tenderloins.

8 thinly cut pork tenderloins-cut into strips or bite sized pieces
1/4 of a white onion chopped
1 cup chopped baby carrots
2 Anaheim or hatch peppers- thinly sliced(I used one of each)
1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
2 tsp homemade spice combo(pretty sure that has been posted)
1 can of green enchilada sauce
1 can drained dark red kidney beans


Glace the carrots, onion,peppers in about 1/4 cup butter. Add the pork and seasonings. After the meat has browned add enchilada sauce and kidney beans.
Let simmer for about 20 minutes

Serve garnished with grated cheese and a dollop of sour cream. Can be served over rice or for twist add pre-cooked rice noodles to the chili before serving. Good reviews from my main man! He said I could start my own restaurant with this recipe!

2 comments:

  1. homemade spice-cumin, oregano, garlic powder, chili powder, pepper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy! Have to send you my version, too.

    ReplyDelete