TNT

If you have a Tried -N- True Recipe that you would like to add. Please let me know and it can be added. I love new things to try...or for that matter I love old recipes that I have never tried before.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Chicken Rolls with a touch of Green

I am staying with Wonder Womna(my Daughter in law) this week and she told me about her favorite comfort food. Something I had never heard of before. She told me that when her mother wanted the kids to show up at her house she would make these little slices of heaven and then call the kids and tell them what was for dinner. I have heard it was a no fail device!

1 Pkg of Cream Cheese
1 stick of butter
4 cups of diced cooked chicken
1/2 cup to 1 Cup chopped Green onion
salt pepper to taste
4 Tbl milk

Cream butter and cream cheese together till smooth. Add everything else to the cream cheese and butter. Stir it up.

open up a Crescent Roll package, roll it out as if for cinnamon rolls. Use half the mixture for one can of Crescents. Roll up, slice with white thread about an inch thick, and then place on a baking sheet. We sprayed the pan with baking spray first. Bake at 3:50 for 20 minutes.

The customary gravy is 1/2 C milk with 1 C Cream of celery. Mix, and heat!

Now this was absolutely wonderful. Little slices of Heaven!

I was thinking that chopped cashews would be more icing on the cake on this. But then I think cashews could be added to almost anything. IMHO.

Kristine and Jeni...THANK YOU FOR sharing. it was so amazing

1 comment:

  1. I love that recipe. I just hated boiling the chicken and stripping the meat off. Kids love it. Cashews...mmm...that's an idea.

    ReplyDelete