TNT

If you have a Tried -N- True Recipe that you would like to add. Please let me know and it can be added. I love new things to try...or for that matter I love old recipes that I have never tried before.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

I make a pretty good vegan cook!

I have a son who is vegan. I have learned to adapt recipes that I love to fit his dietary needs. He really wanted a pizza. I figured out that I can adapt my pizza recipe to a vegan happy dish. Instead of adding one egg to the yeast dough, I replace it with Olive oil( about 2 Tablespoons. Let it rise the normal way and it works just as well as my original dough. I use tons of fresh veges including spinach, mushrooms, onions and olives along with a cheese free pasta sauce. I used a meatless sausage. For the " cheese " topping I use the vegan friendly mozzarella type cheese substitute. I have done it twice now with wonderful outcomes. It is nice to know that it can be changed that way.

I have made meatless Pasta Fagioli twice now. I used the original Pasta Fagioli recipe with very few changes. But both times have been very successful. Added no meat, more red pepper, vegetable broth, a couple of splashes of Tobasco, and substituted regular pasta with whole wheat pasta. this last time, I added celery, peppers, sliced leeks(one stalk) and two cans of okra with tomatoes for a little change. To Big D's and mine I added grated cheese when it was time to serve. Very nice outcome both times!

1 comment: