TNT

If you have a Tried -N- True Recipe that you would like to add. Please let me know and it can be added. I love new things to try...or for that matter I love old recipes that I have never tried before.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Chicken florentine

I guess I am in a cooking mood! Got in from work yesterday and knew I wanted chicken with a pasta. a new creation was born!

I took 7-10 frozen chicken tenders straight out of the freezer and put them in my medium sized round calaphon sauté pan on a medium to high heat. Added in a cup of sliced mushrooms, a cup of chopped celery, 1 tablespoon minced garlic, salt, pepper, and Tuscany seasoning to taste After letting that simmer with the dome lid on for a few minutes I added one can of diced tomatoes and covered it again.  It needed color and more sauce so I went looking in the pantry and found a pint of gossner's shelf whipping cream.  Added that and let it simmer a bit more. I also cut up the now cooked chicken tenders  into bite sized pieceswith a small metal spatula while it was still in the pan. Still wasn't happy with it,  so I pulled out the remains of fresh spinach from the fridge and added about 1.5 cups of freshly torn spinach to the pan and covered it up and turned off the heat.

I cooked up a batch of whole wheat angel hair pasta. That was the healthy part of dinner!  The final touch was adding a handful of shredded cheese to the top of the chicken florentined cream rose colored sauce before serving. To say the least, It was a hit with this crew!

No comments:

Post a Comment