TNT

If you have a Tried -N- True Recipe that you would like to add. Please let me know and it can be added. I love new things to try...or for that matter I love old recipes that I have never tried before.

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Shrimp Creole...my way

I was at my sister in laws on Saturday and saw her recipe for Shrimp Creole sitting on the counter. I immediately knew I would be making something like it this week

1.5 cups chopped red bell pepper
1/4 of a jalepeno pepper minced very fine
1 c chopped red onion
1.5 cups of chopped celery
2 Tblsp minced garlic

Sauté all of this in a 1/4 cup butter. Salt pepper to taste

Add 2 lbs of shrimp(mine were actually frozen with deveined and the tail off)
Tobasco to taste
1 can of tomato paste
3 reg cans of diced tomatoes

I let that simmer and stew until the shrimp started to melt  and cook. I then added frozen okra, about  one and a half cups. Simmered about twenty more minutes. Turned the heat off and let it sit for an hour. Served over jasmine rice blend with wild rices that had been cooked in chicken broth and butter.

It was really a comfort food on a rainy night.

No comments:

Post a Comment