TNT

If you have a Tried -N- True Recipe that you would like to add. Please let me know and it can be added. I love new things to try...or for that matter I love old recipes that I have never tried before.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Nacho Cheese Mashed Potato Salad

This last sunday I made a little different potato salad. It was designed for those who are not huge fans of pickles or eggs

12 potatoes cut up and boiled in salted water , then drained.

1 c chopped Celery
1 c chopped Onion
1 c of crumbled Bacon

Saute the three C of COB in 2 Tbl of butter. Combine all of this with the still warm drained potatoes. Salt and pepper to taste. I like to add an herbal seasoned salt that has rosemary, thyme and other various herbs. I actually use a potato masher to give it a bit of a mashed potato appearance, leaving lumps is preferred. Add the last three ingreadients, mixing it quite well.

1 C sour cream
1/4 c of mayonaise
1 1/2 C of shredded nacho cheese( I do love Gossner's brand)

The awesome part of this recipe is that it can be served warm like a german potato salad or cold like a traditional summer salad.

2 comments: