TNT

If you have a Tried -N- True Recipe that you would like to add. Please let me know and it can be added. I love new things to try...or for that matter I love old recipes that I have never tried before.

Monday, January 18, 2010

Beef Barley Soup

2 leeks(thinly sliced)
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 shoot or stem of celery thinly sliced
1/4 of a white onion
2 Tsp of minced garlic
1 cup of baby carrots or thinly sliced carrots
1.5 to 2 lbs of stew meat...small pieces
3/4 c of barley pearls
1 quart box of beef broth
salt and pepper to taste
1 can of diced tomatoes
dash of Uncle Chris Steak seasoning, or Tony Cacheres if you have it...

in large soup pot put in about 2-3 TBL EVOO. heat up. add 1 Leek's worth, the mushrooms, celery, carrots, onion garlic and let it saute in the dish. Salt and pepper and season to taste. Add the beef let it brown up with the veges. add the beef broth and then the barley pearls. Last thing to add is the diced tomatoes and the second leek. let them simmer together until the barley is to a biting stage-in other words you won't break your teeth on them. Serve with rolls or crackers...

Edit:...I made this a 2nd time...except I used meat from my freezer that had been seasoned with TEX MEX Seasoning...it was really good-TexMex seasoning has cumin, chili powder, garlic...Big D loved it!...Oh I also didn't have beef broth and I used chicken broth...and I had stewed tomatoes...Still was very very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment