TNT

If you have a Tried -N- True Recipe that you would like to add. Please let me know and it can be added. I love new things to try...or for that matter I love old recipes that I have never tried before.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Classic Waldorf Salad

Ingredients:

1 cup apples chopped, (Granny smith or a Sweet tart apple or a combination of different tart apples)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup celery, chopped
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup raisins (optional)
1/4 cup walnuts (optional)

Sprinkle apples with lemon juice after they are cut
Add all other ingredients.

Toss to coat all pieces with mayonnaise.

Big D and I were talking about this just last night...and how having one would be really good...Think I will make it today.

There is a site on line http://www.kitchenproject.com/history that has classic recipes if you are looking for some kind of comfort food from days gone by

No comments:

Post a Comment