TNT

If you have a Tried -N- True Recipe that you would like to add. Please let me know and it can be added. I love new things to try...or for that matter I love old recipes that I have never tried before.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

New Crazy Dessert

dedicated to Big D and his obsession for a good Cream Pie Shake that has Chocolate, Coconut and Banana in it.

Tonight we had company for dinner and I needed a new dessert But I didn't have time to make a pie, so I improvised.

I took a pie crust mix that you add water to and added about 3/4 C powdered sugar and 1/2 C chopped pecans and the customary 1/3 C water...mixed it and pressed into the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. Baked it at 400 for about 10-15 minutes...let it cool.

I then took a cooked coconut pie filling recipe and made it according to the recipe(this one needed eggs, butter and vanilla). To this mixture I added two bananas, mashed. Cooked this mixture till it was thick. spread it out on the crust. placed this in the Fridge to cool

Then I took a cook and serve Chocolate pudding and mixed that up according to directions, well almost. I mixed with whipping cream instead of milk and cooked it. When it was thick, spread it out on top of the banana coconut topping. Put it back in the Fridge to cool.

Believe it or not this was all done in less than an hour and dessert was ready when dinner was over(got home after 5) Used a little canned whipped cream to decorate each piece and it was a hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment