TNT

If you have a Tried -N- True Recipe that you would like to add. Please let me know and it can be added. I love new things to try...or for that matter I love old recipes that I have never tried before.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Cream Corn. This was served with the BBQ. IT IS NOTHING LIKE Canned Creamed Corn. THIS IS HEAVENLY and I am sure will be served in heaven.

2 lbs of frozen corn-sweet yellow or white- either or. Cannot be canned corn.
3 C of whipping cream
1 stick of butter
chicken bullion (1-2 Tblsp)* I use knorr because it is not in a hard cube
salt/pepper to taste
sugar 1-2 tsps
2-3 Tblsp of flour

Step 1: I actually microwave the corn first for a few minutes to take it from a totally frozen state, not long, just 2-4 minutes.
Step 2: In large pot(like a dutch oven) combine the cream, butter, bullion, and flour(don't let it get lumpy) you may want less flour...but don't go for more.
Step 3: Once everything is incorporated together add the salt/pepper/sugar(more of less of that one is okay also, but it does need to be there)
Step 4: Add the corn and let this thicken on low
Step 5: Serve and watch it disappear.

Now...this is a recipe for Creamed Corn like no other. The calories are intensely high but oh so rich and wonderful. My family was desperately missing "Rudy's" Creamed Corn when we lived in Utah, so truly necessity became the mother of invention and I recreated the recipe.

Comment by calicocat2 on August 4, 2008 at 5:40pm
Delete CommentI've had both yours and Rudy's and your is MUCH better than Rudy's!

No comments:

Post a Comment