TNT

If you have a Tried -N- True Recipe that you would like to add. Please let me know and it can be added. I love new things to try...or for that matter I love old recipes that I have never tried before.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A great weight watchers recipe from Susi.

I got this recipe from a Weight Watchers cookbook. I served it to guests and one man went back for 3rds and requested the recipe. It is not beautiful on the plate but is fine with the right accompaniments/sides. It is one of my most successful recipes. Be warned that the key is the overnight marinade (or 8 hours)! I am including the WW information too.

Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 35 Minutes
Serves: 8

Ingredients:
8 (1/4 pound) skinless boneless chicken thighs (OK, I used breasts.)
1 (14 oz) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
3/4 C chopped pitted dates
1/4 cup raisins
12 stuffed pimiento-stuffed green olives, halved
2 T packed brown sugar
2 T balsamic vinegar
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 T dried basil
1 T drained capers
1 T olive oil
2 t dried oregano
1/2 t salt
1/4 t freshly ground pepper
1/2 C reduced-sodium chicken broth

1-Combine the chicken, artichokes, dates, raisins, olvies, brown sugar, vinegar, garlic, basil, capers, oil, oregano, salt and pepper in a large zip lock bag. Squeeze out the air and seal the bag, turn to coat the chicken. Refrigerate, turning the bag occasionally at least 8 hours or overnight.

2-Preheat the oven to 350 F. Remove the chicken from the marinate and arrange in a single layer in a large roasting pan. Pour the marinate over the chicken, add the broth. Bake until the chicken is cooked through, 35-45 minutes. (I found it took longer with the chicken breasts.)

Per serving-1 thigh with about 1/2 c sauce: 287 calories, 11g Fat, 3 g Sat Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 76 mg Chol, 623 mg Sod, 25g Carb, 3 g Fib, 23g Protein, 44 mg Calc. POINTS: 6

Serve with brown rice and increase points by 2.

PS-This is a great leftover meal too.

No comments:

Post a Comment