TNT

If you have a Tried -N- True Recipe that you would like to add. Please let me know and it can be added. I love new things to try...or for that matter I love old recipes that I have never tried before.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Market Street Grill Clam chowder

This is from my friend Susi again...This is the yummy clam chowder recipe that they serve at a fabulous restaurant in SLC called Market Street Grill. We somehow got the recipe out of them. Enjoy!

Market Street Clam Chowder

One cup diced potatoes
One cup diced celery
One cup diced onions
One cup diced green pepper
One cup diced leeks
¾ cup chopped clams
¾ tbsp ground black pepper
1 ½ tbsp salt
¾ tbsp whole thyme
6 bay leaves
One tsp Tabasco
¾ cup sherry
Two cups water
¾ cup clam juice
¾ cup melted butter
One cup flour
Two quarts half & half

Combine melted butter and flour in oven-proof container and bake at 325 for 30 minutes. In large saucepan, combine remaining ingredients except half & half. Simmer until potatoes are thoroughly cooked. Stir butter-flour mixture into
Chowder and stir until thick. Mixture will be slightly less thick than cookie dough. Remove chowder from heat. Stir in half & half until blended. Heat to serving temperature. Stirring occasionally. Serve immediately.

Makes 12 servings



1 comment:

  1. Market Street Grill is a wonderful restaurant. When I first moved to Utah in 1999, my boss took me there for lunch. I had Clam Chowder. It is so tasty! One of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete