TNT

If you have a Tried -N- True Recipe that you would like to add. Please let me know and it can be added. I love new things to try...or for that matter I love old recipes that I have never tried before.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Czechoslovakian Dumplings. This recipe is one that a Family friend used to make and I begged her to give it to me. She was from Czechoslovakia and considered herself a canceled check...This is dumplings like no other.

4 C Flour
1 pkg yeast
2 eggs salt
water as needed
3-4 slices white bread somewhat dry and cubed

Mix first 5 ingredients to a good consistency(do not use too much water) Then put in your bread cubes and mix well. Let rise for about an hour. Form into loaf shaped dumplings and drop in boiling salted water. NOW THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART. COVER!!!DO NOT PEEK, LOOK, or UNCOVER until you are ready to take the dumplings out of the water about 10 minutes at the most.

DO NOT CUT WITH A KNIFE but use white threat and cut in slices. You can use these dumplings if you have a roast with lots of sour cream gravy...so very Yummy...Thanks Maria Coates

No comments:

Post a Comment